New here? There's a few things you should know about our rules. First, we can change them whenever we want. We own this site, and we make the rules. So for all of the weirdos out there who think that it's part of their First Amendment right to post crap on OUR PAGE, please understand, it's not.
Now, as far as how to play nicely with others here, here are the basics.
1. Do not address me as sweet-cheeks, sweetheart, baby, honey or sugar. My husband is the only one who has earned the right to do that. I assure you that you have not.
2. Using the f-word or a combination of it in a personally derogatory way is probably going to get you on my crap list. I have to say, I'm not a stranger to that word. If I were on Bravo's Inside the Actor's Studio and asked for my favorite curse word, this would surely be it. If Mock and I were in a potty-mouth contest, I know that I'd win. I'm OK with this. But there's a time and a place for that (not to mention that it's going to be bleeped out on our site anyway, as we have a profanity blocker). And, here's a tip - if you overuse it, it loses its luster. I'm just sayin.
3. If you do choose to spew insults at someone knowing that you'll probably get banned (but you're willing to take this chance), at least spell them right, for God's sake. There's nothing worse than an illiterate angry person. For me personally, it conjures up the image of Cletus the slack-jawed yokel on The Simpsons.
Daisy captured the basics very nicely, but I'll add my own two cents here:
1. Politics breeds passion. I get this. But there's a difference between passionately expressing your disagreement with someone and being a foul-mouthed, obscene, vulgar jerk. To some extent, I even understand a little bit of name-calling. Daisy and I mock the crap out of our elected representatives, but in the context of commenting on this site to other REGULAR people, saying "that's idiotic" is different than saying, "You're a f******, mother******* ****."
2. This is more of just a site admin FYI - If you include more than two links in your comment, the comment is automatically flagged as Spam. That doesn't mean that you're not welcome to use more than two links, but rather it simply means that it may take a few minutes or a few hours before we catch it and remove it from the Spam folder. So link away, readers.
3. We will generally give you at least one warning for acting like a toddler. But we have our limits. Plus, it's OUR FREAKING SITE. There are plenty of other sites out there on which you can act as psychotic as you'd like. This isn't one of them. Do we welcome and encourage differing opinions? Absolutely. But we don't welcome derogatory personal attacks on us, or on other commenters.
That's it! See how easy it is to play here? Enjoy, and tell all your friends to visit too!